Sunday, May 10, 2009
Mary Mac's - Barometer of Intown Health?
Eaten at Mary Mac's Tea Room lately? We've been eating there, on and off, since 1969. Quite a place that's had it's ups and downs.
My family takes me to Mary Mac's for my birthday dinners. Last Friday we headed to the corner of Ponce and Myrtle Streets for the celebration. We arrived about dark, 7:45 or so, and I dropped the family off. I couldn't find a parking place for 3 blocks!
I finally found a parking place but before I could get out of the car my phone rang. There was an hour and a half wait! Mary Mac's was hosting 2 rehearsal dinners and a Bar Mitzvah party.
This is a very good sign for the health for intown Atlanta and, of course, for folks who enjoy Mary Mac's.
We will reschedule my Mary Mac's birthday meal. I hope I'll have to time to tell you why I enjoy it so much.
Hint: it's not just the food, it's the location, the building, the setting, the decor, the service, the comfort, and the memories. Quite a place, quite a place.
- ► 2014 (46)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (146)
- ► 2010 (171)
- Videos: Drawing the Classical: The Mouldings and t...
- Graduation Party
- Fresh blogging air
- Brilliant Regent, Inspiring King, Dixon and Pak
- Memorial Day tribute to Jig and Mac
- Pictures from the Castleberry Art Stroll, May 2009...
- Jeff's Shutters
- Pictures from the Duck Pond Garden Tour 2009
- pb&j gallery on a rainy Kirkwood Day
- Duckpond Garden Tour and Modern Atlanta Home Tour ...
- Starter Home $368/square foot
- Dignity on Peachtree
- Mary Mac's - Barometer of Intown Health?
- Lora Groton Rust - Ceramic Designs Studio Show
- Foyers - wasted space, psychologcal boost, or what...
- Robert Neuwirth: The "shadow cities" of the future...
- ▼ May (16)