Sunday, January 18, 2009

Druid Hills cottage: Bobby Jones? Leila Ross Wilburn?

Druid Hills has plenty of smaller homes with extra oomph. I love the porch and scale of this one. I want to walk right up and knock on the door. Recently for sale, the ad said it was a Bobby Jones house. I don't know if Bobby lived there, on just drove by once in a while. Anyway, I studied a little and uncovered Leila Ross Wilburn for the first time. I wondered if this might be one of her designs or from her pattern books.
P1131692-DruidHills-BobbyJones-Cottage-Porch-Detail

Leila Ross Wilburn is noted for the Winnona Park Historic District's entry in the National Register of Historical Places. Let's find out a lot more about her designs.
P1131692-DruidHills-BobbyJones-Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive